Welcome to Mountain Vista K-8 School! It is my privilege to serve the Oracle Elementary School District community as the principal of Mountain Vista K-8 School. It is my belief that all children can learn and by providing our children with a quality education, we are making the greatest investment we can in both our community and for our collective future.
As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, I want to discuss the many changes that have happened and will continue to happen at Mountain Vista throughout the school year:
- We have been able to welcome three new teachers to join the Mountain Vista team:
Mrs. Denise Fisher-4th Grade Teacher
Ms. Carmen Clark-6th Grade Teacher
Mr. Anthony Hand-Music Teacher.
- All of our students have access to a digital device. Students in grades K-4 have a tablet or Chromebook that is available for them in each classroom. Each student in grades 5-8 has had a Chromebook assigned to them.
- With the leadership of our Reading Specialist, we have been able to implement an RTI program to assist struggling readers. This program has been designed to identify struggling readers and focus on the Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards to support them in reading at grade level by the end of the year.
- Throughout this school year, we will be reviewing and adopting a new science and social studies curriculum. These materials will be displayed at the Oracle Elementary School District Office for public to view.
- We have been able to welcome extra-curricular activities back to campus. This year we look forward to participating in community schools events, holding sporting competitions for our junior high students, and tutoring kids during extended school day and connections.
- Our parking lot is now complete and our bus loop looks fantastic. The kitchen construction is underway and should be finished by November. As for the brand new building and library addition, they will be started this November and we look forward to welcoming students into the classrooms for the 2022/2023 school year.
Although change can be difficult, we know that the changes we are making to improve Mountain Vista will helps us provide a safe and effective school environment to deliver the best education to each child. Working with staff, students, parents, and community members is of great importance to me and if you need to contact me for any reason, please do not hesitate. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 520-896-3003.